We maintain this feed to showcase reliable, important coverage of COVID-19 and health. Please explore the links below, and the media generating them.
The Guardian: Coronavirus Outbreak
- US election 2020: Trump and Biden head to crucial swing states Minnesota and Wisconsin – liveby Joan E Greve (now), Martin Belam and Tom McCarthy (earlier) on October 30, 2020 at 6:18 pm
Early voting in Texas surpasses total turnout in 2016Biden and Obama to hold two drive-in rallies in Flint and DetroitWhy rallies are Trump’s last best hope of clinging to presidencyUnions […]
- Coronavirus live news: Italy cases jump by 31,000 in a day; US exceeds 91,000 daily casesby Sarah Marsh (now); Aamna Mohdin and Helen Sullivan (earlier) on October 30, 2020 at 6:11 pm
Italy also records 199 further deaths; US record surge killing nearly 1,000 Americans a day; Moscow creates vaccination networkWhy Estonia excels at digital learning during CovidParis sees record […]
- UK coronavirus live: calls for national lockdown as about 560,000 people in England had Covid last weekby Fran Lawther (now); Nazia Parveen and Caroline Davies (earlier) on October 30, 2020 at 6:07 pm
Latest updates: ONS estimates show nearly 52,000 cases a day; Tees Valley moving towards tier 3, says MP; several calls for national lockdownThe race to approve a Covid vaccine by ChristmasHealth […]
- New cause of inflammation in people with HIV identifiedon October 30, 2020 at 4:25 pm
A new study examined what factors could be contributing to inflammation, and they identified the inability to control HIV RNA production from existing HIV DNA as a potential key driver of […]
- AI teachers must be effective and communicate well to be acceptedon October 30, 2020 at 4:25 pm
The increase in online education has allowed a new type of teacher to emerge — an artificial one. But just how accepting students are of an artificial instructor remains to be seen. That’s why […]
- New screening technique turns up genes tied to microcephaly, scientists say, and could be used for other developmental disordersby Priyanka Runwal on October 30, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Scientists have developed a new human tissue screening technique that could be used to identify previously unknown genes tied to developmental disorders.
- STAT+: Purdue law firm hires Justice Department lawyer who investigated the opioid makerby Ed Silverman on October 30, 2020 at 4:17 pm
A prominent law firm that represents Purdue Pharma has hired a former Department of Justice lawyer who, as recently as seven months ago, was investigating the drug maker.
- STAT+: Up and down the ladder: The latest comings and goingsby Ed Silverman on October 30, 2020 at 1:40 pm
From new hires to departures, promotions and transfers, here are the latest comings and goings in the pharmaceutical industry.
- STAT+: Pharmalittle: Biden wins biotech support despite his policies; WHO sets Covid-19 compensation fund for low-income nationsby Ed Silverman on October 30, 2020 at 1:23 pm
From a policy perspective, Joe Biden should be biotech’s worst nightmare. But that isn’t stopping major biotech chief executives and investors from personally backing Biden’s campaign.