The Hechinger Report
- OPINION: How best do we teach kids about Holocaust horrors? Show them what it was likeby Jennifer Rich, Michael Haley Goldman and Sara Pitcairn on July 26, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Though the past year has put a spotlight on the limits and possibilities of using technology for teaching and learning, we began exploring the utility of using virtual reality as a medium for […]
- PROOF POINTS: A study suggests an instructive way to talk to little crawlersby Jill Barshay on July 26, 2021 at 10:00 am
In the 2020 Netflix documentary series “Babies,” a University of California, Merced, psychologist explained a startling discovery he made in 2008 as a graduate student: early walkers not only […]
- Some colleges ease up on pushing undergrads into picking majors right awayby Jon Marcus on July 23, 2021 at 10:00 am
BOULDER, Colo. — Ingrid Dominguez can’t remember why, when she was applying to college, she decided she would major in business. This story also appeared in The Washington Post “I don’t […]
- Research shows cash programs with no strings attached are better for supporting familiesby Jackie Mader on July 22, 2021 at 4:30 pm
Last week, millions of families received their first monthly payment of the expanded child tax credit, a policy meant to stabilize families with children after more than a year of economic upheaval […]
Insider Higher Education
- Seize the Power of Experiential Learningby Steven Mintz on July 27, 2021 at 12:50 pm
Four ways to integrate experiential learning into the undergraduate curriculum.
- The Unasked Questionby Matt Reed on July 27, 2021 at 7:00 am
Which budget cuts do the least harm?
- ‘The Atlantic’ Owes UC a Correctionby John Warner on July 27, 2021 at 1:19 am
And higher ed needs to get better at telling its story.