The Hechinger Report
- PROOF POINTS: COVID has been bad for college enrollment — but awful for community college studentsby Jill Barshay on October 26, 2020 at 10:00 am
When the coronavirus hit in the spring of 2020, student surveys indicated that four-year colleges would be hit the hardest this fall, with many students turning to cheaper two-year community colleges […]
- OPINION: Why it’s time to diversify and modernize science teachingby Stephanie Knezz on October 26, 2020 at 10:00 am
Picture yourself in an introductory college chemistry class. What does the instructor look like, and how is the class taught? Whether the curriculum is virtual or in person, often the instructor is a […]
- ‘Free college’ programs sound great – but who gets excluded?by Delece Smith-Barrow on October 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
At a time when higher education is in constant flux – some of it is online, some of it is in person with students at a social distance, some of it is in hybrid form – at least one part remains […]
- OPINION: Here is what patriotic education should look likeby Phyllis Lockett on October 23, 2020 at 10:00 am
President Donald Trump recently announced his intention to create a 1776 Commission, charged with restoring patriotic, “pro-America” education to public schools. Trump pointed to The New York […]
Insider Higher Education
- Lessons from a YouTube Rat Holeby Matt Reed on October 26, 2020 at 6:00 am
It’s all about context.
- A Conversation With Jill Buban, Fairfield University’s VP of Digital Strategy and Online Educationby Joshua Kim on October 26, 2020 at 1:00 am
Chatting with a friend and a colleague.
- Friday Fragmentsby Matt Reed on October 23, 2020 at 6:00 am
Partial correction to a theory, The Girl eviscerates Quibi, and a tribute to Keith Jarrett.