Big Picture Daily News
- The Best Way to Improve People’s Mental Health? Meeting Their Basic Needs.by Amy Barnhorst on March 8, 2021 at 1:30 pm
COVID has prompted some policies that should stick around.
- Republicans’ Arguments Against H.R. 1 Are Just About Preserving Their Own Powerby Dahlia Lithwick and Mark Joseph Stern on March 8, 2021 at 10:40 am
Unpacking the fight over H.R. 1, the massive voting rights bill sitting in the Senate.
- Video Shows Rochester Police Tackling, Pepper-Spraying Black Woman in Front of Toddlerby Daniel Politi on March 8, 2021 at 12:06 am
The incident took place less than one moth after Rochester police officers pepper-sprayed a handcuffed nine-year-old girl.
- Meghan says royal life caused suicidal thoughts, palace had ‘concerns’ about son’s skin colorby Yuliya Talmazan and David K. Li on March 8, 2021 at 2:25 pm
She said that she had been the victim of “character assassination,” which led her to the point of self-harm.
- Ohio college student dies after alleged hazing incidentby Elisha Fieldstadt on March 8, 2021 at 12:58 pm
Stone Foltz, 20, a sophomore at Bowling Green State University and a new member of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, was allegedly hazed during an initiation event when he was made to drink alcohol.
- Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad tests positive for Covid-19by Saphora Smith and Ammar Cheikh Omar on March 8, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Assad joins a list of leaders who have tested positive for the virus, including former President Donald Trump and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
The Nation Magazine
- Democracy Is Not Exclusiveby Ben Jealous on March 8, 2021 at 10:30 am
Ben Jealous The For the People Act works to fulfill the democratic promise of the United States. Those who seek to thwart it do not actually want a democracy. The post Democracy Is Not Exclusive […]
- Jing Fong Couldn’t Survive. Will Manhattan’s Chinatown?by Wilfred Chan on March 8, 2021 at 10:00 am
Wilfred Chan The pandemic has tipped the scales even further in favor of landlords over workers. The post Jing Fong Couldn’t Survive. Will Manhattan’s Chinatown? appeared first on The Nation.
- Across Prison Walls, I Felt My Parents’ Loveby Chesa Boudin on March 8, 2021 at 10:00 am
Chesa Boudin For Chesa Boudin, his mother and father were radical not for their politics but for the extraordinary lengths they took to parent him while incarcerated. The post Across Prison Walls, I […]
- Biden’s “Bloody Sunday” Voting-Rights Order Won’t Be Enoughby Edwin Rios on March 7, 2021 at 9:45 pm
On the 56th anniversary of Bloody Sunday, just days after House Democrats passed a sweeping voting rights bill in response to attacks on the voting process by former President Donald Trump, President […]
- Two More Women Accuse Andrew Cuomo of Sexually Inappropriate Behaviorby Edwin Rios on March 7, 2021 at 8:22 pm
Two more former employees came forward over the weekend with accusations of impropriety against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, magnifying calls for his resignation or impeachment and adding to the […]
- Joe Biden Is Already Starting His Victory Lapby Tim Murphy on March 6, 2021 at 8:47 pm
Since taking control of the White House and Congress this January, Democrats have talked a lot about the need to go big, and to sell their accomplishments. The last time they exercised this much […]
Voice of America News
- Did Intelligence Failure Lead to US Capitol Attack?on February 25, 2021 at 1:06 am
Some experts say blaming attack solely on faulty intelligence is misplaced
- US Arrests 6 More Linked to Oath Keepers in Capitol Attackon February 20, 2021 at 12:34 am
Prosecutors say members formed military formation to breach Capitol
- What’s Next for Donald Trump in American Politics?on February 18, 2021 at 2:15 am
Former president signals he will fight to maintain hold over Republican Party