Big Picture Daily News
- Pence Breaks With His Party to Finally Concede the Electionby Jeremy Stahl on January 15, 2021 at 9:10 pm
Donald Trump will likely never admit that he lost.
- Democrats Experience First Online Meltdown of Biden Era Over Question of What “$2,000” Meansby Ben Mathis-Lilley on January 15, 2021 at 7:46 pm
Is a $600 check and a $1,400 check a $2,000 check?
- Sheriffs Helped Lead This Insurrectionby Jessica Pishko on January 15, 2021 at 7:40 pm
Sheriffs play a key role in right-wing white supremacist movements.
- How Stacey Abrams has been mobilizing Asian Americans for yearsby Kimmy Yam on January 15, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Abrams has long been unrecognized for engaging with the Asian American electorate, targeting them when many politicians continued to treat them as virtually invisible, experts say.
- Texas real estate agent who took private jet to D.C. charged in Capitol riotby Minyvonne Burke on January 15, 2021 at 9:09 pm
Jennifer Ryan was charged with disorderly conduct and knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful entry.
- NordicTrack’s new Vault smart mirror: What to knowby Nicole Saunders, Shop TODAY on January 15, 2021 at 8:59 pm
Here’s what to know about NordicTrack’s latest, $3,000 smart fitness offering, along with a few (relatively) affordable smart mirror alternatives.
The Nation Magazine
- Who Voted for Hitler?by Dan Simon on January 15, 2021 at 6:38 pm
Dan Simon Just as there are myths about Trump voters, there are damaging misconceptions about who brought the Nazis to power. The post Who Voted for Hitler? appeared first on The Nation.
- Nixon’s Ghost Haunts the Impeachment—and American Cultureby Jeet Heer on January 15, 2021 at 4:54 pm
Jeet Heer Trump hates to be compared to earlier disgraced presidents, but he lives under Nixon’s shadow along with the rest of us. The post Nixon’s Ghost Haunts the Impeachment—and American […]
- Is It Curtains for Donald Trump?by Sasha Abramsky on January 15, 2021 at 4:41 pm
Sasha Abramsky He’s about to metamorphose from world’s most powerful human to financially and legally challenged pariah. His only ally? The mob. The post Is It Curtains for Donald Trump? […]
- The Insurrection at the Capitol Has Renewed Democrats’ Calls for Police Reformby Kara Voght on January 15, 2021 at 9:00 pm
Things could have turned out very differently for Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) if she hadn’t taken a Zoom call in her office last Wednesday afternoon. The California representative had been on the […]
- It’s Always About Stopping the Stealby Nathalie Baptiste on January 15, 2021 at 8:21 pm
On August 3, 1980, around 10,000 people packed into the Neshoba County, Mississippi, fairgrounds. The site is where what’s known as “Mississippi’s Giant House Party” takes place, the state […]
- Trump Is Leaving the White House With His Worst-Ever Approval Ratingsby Inae Oh on January 15, 2021 at 4:59 pm
After becoming the first and only president to be impeached twice, Donald Trump is closing his history-making week with another critical blow: the worst poll numbers of his entire presidency. […]
Voice of America News
- Biden Pledges to Change Immigration, Lays Out Planon January 15, 2021 at 5:23 pm
President-elect says he will create permanent protection for young migrants in Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, known as ‘Dreamers’
- What Is the US National Guard?on January 15, 2021 at 4:36 pm
At least 15,000 armed National Guard troops will help provide security for the inauguration of President-election Joe Biden
- US Vice President Makes Unscheduled Visit to Troops Guarding Capitolon January 15, 2021 at 2:16 pm
In first visit to capitol since disturbance, Pence thanks National Guard for ‘stepping forward’