Big Picture Daily News
- Does the Progressive Case Against New York’s Concealed Carry Ban Hold Water?by Mark Joseph Stern on July 27, 2021 at 3:58 pm
“A state does have a responsibility for providing safety. The way this law has been implemented doesn’t do that.”
- Employee Vaccine Mandates Are Comingby Elliot Hannon on July 27, 2021 at 1:34 pm
The Department of Veterans Affairs is the first federal agency to require vaccination for health workers.
- Hated by His Own Party. Dubbed a “Pelosi Republican.” What Is Adam Kinzinger’s Long Game Here?by Jim Newell on July 27, 2021 at 10:00 am
Conscience versus political calculation, assessed.
- ‘Kill him with his own gun’: Officers recount trauma of Capitol riot in emotional testimonyon July 27, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Capitol riot hearing, Day One
- State lawmaker won’t seek reelection after anti-Asian slurby The Associated Press on July 27, 2021 at 4:22 pm
Amid public backlash after using an anti-Asian slur, Rep. Gerald Brady of Wilmington said Monday that he would not seek reelection after his current term expires.
- Simone Biles cites emotional toll of Olympics after pulling out of team gymnastics finalsby Elisha Fieldstadt on July 27, 2021 at 4:19 pm
It is not clear if Biles will compete in Thursday’s individual all-around competition, where she is the defending champion.
- Trump Stiffs George P. Bush, “the Only Bush That Likes Me”by Tim Murphy on July 27, 2021 at 4:40 pm
Former President Donald Trump picked a side in one of the most significant Republican primaries of the 2022 election cycle on Monday night, endorsing Texas attorney general Ken Paxton in his bid for […]
- “You Will Die on Your Knees”: As Cops Recount Capitol Violence, Republicans Boycott and Blame Pelosiby Inae Oh on July 27, 2021 at 4:30 pm
“You will die on your knees.” “It still isn’t over for me.” “This nigger voted for Joe Biden.” On Tuesday, at the first congressional hearing to investigate the January 6 Capitol […]
- Here’s a Long List of Top Republicans the 1/6 Committee Should Questionby David Corn on July 27, 2021 at 2:17 pm
On Tuesday morning, the House select committee investigating the insurrectionist January 6 assault on the US Capitol launched its hearings. The panel—which the House Republican caucus […]