Links to big-picture coverage of daily news. Please explore them and the media generating them.
Big Picture Daily News
- A Small Business Finds Opportunity In Crisisby Mary Harris on November 25, 2020 at 10:00 am
One Chicago small business owner has managed to stay afloat over months of stay-at-home orders and protests. Now he’s staring down a pandemic winter.
- Remembrances of Things Trumpby Mike Pesca on November 25, 2020 at 1:17 am
In the weeks leading up to the inauguration, the Gist debuts a recurring segment called Remembrances of Things Trump.
- “This Keeps Me Up at Night”: Radicalization Experts Fear What Trump’s Fringes Will Do Nowby Aymann Ismail on November 24, 2020 at 11:25 pm
“For many of these movements, their moment has come.”
- Meghan Markle reveals she suffered a miscarriageby Adela Suliman on November 25, 2020 at 10:02 am
“I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second,” said Markle, the wife of Britain’s Prince Harry.
- Why Trump’s immigration legacy could take time to undoby Daniella Silva on November 25, 2020 at 10:01 am
The president managed sweeping changes in the country’s immigration policy, some of which will be difficult for the new administration to undo in the middle of a pandemic.
- Bruce Boynton, who inspired 1961 Freedom Rides, dies at 83by The Associated Press on November 25, 2020 at 7:32 am
His appeal after a conviction resulted in a Supreme Court decision that prohibited bus station segregation and helped inspire the “Freedom Rides.”
The Nation Magazine
- Trump’s Election Lies Failed, but the Damage Is Doneby Kali Holloway on November 25, 2020 at 10:00 am
Kali Holloway Trump’s supporters, already steeped in white grievance, are predictably receptive to the idea that “illegal voters” have succeeded in stealing their democracy. The post Trump’s […]
- Donald Trump Is the Ultimate Super-Spreaderby Elie Mystal on November 25, 2020 at 10:00 am
Elie Mystal Trump didn’t merely bungle this country’s pandemic response; he stoked the flames of this third and largest surge. The post Donald Trump Is the Ultimate Super-Spreader appeared first […]
- Sanction Trump’s Election Lawyers—Now!by Elie Mystal on November 24, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Elie Mystal The Trump campaign’s election lawyers are in serious violation of the Rules of Federal Civil Procedure, which explicitly prohibit frivolous lawsuits. It’s time to start holding them […]
- The Biden Administration Must Beat Viral Misinformation Influencers at Their Own Gameby Kiera Butler on November 24, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Jessica Malaty Rivera is a microbiologist and an infectious disease expert who specializes in explaining complex scientific concepts to the general public. Since the beginning of the pandemic, her […]
- Every Day Trump Repeatedly Emails His Supporters a Dangerous Message: Democracy Doesn’t Workby David Corn on November 24, 2020 at 1:49 pm
I’ve heard from Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr., and Lara Trump. I’ve heard from Rudy Giuliani, Ronna McDaniel, and Newt Gingrich. And I’ve heard from Donald Trump. Over and over again. The 2020 […]
- What’s Next for the #Resistance Now That They Don’t Have Trump to Kick Around Anymore?by Kara Voght on November 24, 2020 at 11:00 am
“You’ll see the signs :),” Megan Bartlett had texted me as I looked for her house in Geneva, Illinois, a 20,000-person town about an hour west of Chicago. The note seemed vague to the point of […]
Voice of America News
- Biden: US ‘Ready to Lead the World, Not Retreat From It’on November 24, 2020 at 10:36 pm
President-elect says his foreign policy, national security officials ‘will tell me what I need to know, not what I want to know’
- Biden Transition to US Power Formally Startson November 24, 2020 at 6:57 pm
Trump offers no concession, vows continued fight to upend Biden victory; White House allows for Biden to receive daily classified briefing
- Pennsylvania Certifies Biden as Winner of Presidential Electionon November 24, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Governor Wolf said results certified by Pennsylvania State Department