Links to big-picture coverage of daily news. Please explore them and the media generating them.
Big Picture Daily News
- Appeals Court Shoots Down Trump Election Challenge in Pennsylvania: “No Merit”by Daniel Politi on November 27, 2020 at 10:08 pm
A panel of three Republican-appointed judges issued a blistering decision.
- Pope Blasts Those Who Criticize COVID Restrictions in the Name of “Personal Freedom”by Daniel Politi on November 27, 2020 at 7:37 pm
The pontiff’s op-ed was published less than a day after the Supreme Court struck down restrictions to religious services put in place due to the pandemic.
- Ruling Striking Down Limits on Religious Services Shows Trump Effect on Supreme Courtby Daniel Politi on November 27, 2020 at 5:15 pm
The 5-4 ruling is a sign of things to come as Chief Justice John Roberts found himself on the side of the dissenters.
- Black Friday favorites: Air purifiers, AirPods and Echo devicesby Lauren Levy, Shop TODAY on November 27, 2020 at 11:19 pm
From Apple’s AirPods Pro to Dyson’s air purifiers and Amazon’s Echo Dot, here are the most purchased Black Friday deals we’ve covered.
- U.S. reaches 13 million Covid-19 casesby Joe Murphy on November 27, 2020 at 10:56 pm
More than 3.8 million people have contracted the disease since the start of the month.
- Black Friday shopping: Apple Watch, MacBook Pro and moreby Lauren Levy, Shop TODAY on November 27, 2020 at 9:36 pm
Looking to upgrade your tech this Black Friday? Apple has worthwhile discounts on four hero products: MacBook pro, Apple AirPods Pro, iPad and Apple Watch.
The Nation Magazine
- Snap Judgmentsby Steve Brodner on November 27, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Steve Brodner Dialectic in the Dishwater. Scenes from our series “The Greater Quiet” for the week of November 23. The post Snap Judgments appeared first on The Nation.
- 5 Stages of Lossby Peter Kuper on November 27, 2020 at 1:30 pm
Peter Kuper Denying a peaceful transfer. The post 5 Stages of Loss appeared first on The Nation.
- Janet Yellen at Treasury Is One of Biden’s Best Appointmentsby Marshall Auerback on November 27, 2020 at 10:30 am
Marshall Auerback As a former head of the Federal Reserve and economic adviser to the White House, she is uniquely qualified to take on the current challenges, but she must ensure that the new […]
- Here Are the Various Ways Donald Trump Could Be Prosecutedby Russ Choma on November 27, 2020 at 11:00 am
Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, James Comey, Christopher Steele, John Bolton, a Time journalist, flag burners—this is just a partial list of the people Donald Trump has wanted to see […]
- Two School Districts Had Different Mask Policies. Only One Had a Teacher on a Ventilator.by Delilah Friedler on November 26, 2020 at 11:00 am
This story was published originally by ProPublica, a nonprofit newsroom that investigates abuses of power. Sign up for ProPublica’s Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your […]
- Was Trump’s Pardon of Flynn Part of a Deal?by Daniel Friedman on November 26, 2020 at 12:49 am
On November 22, 2017, John Dowd, then one of President Donald Trump’s lawyers, left a voicemail for Robert Kelner, who was representing Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser. […]
Voice of America News
- US Appeals Court Rejects Trump Appeal Over Pennsylvania Race on November 27, 2020 at 6:56 pm
The 3rd US Circuit Court of Appeals echoed a string of other courts in finding his campaign offered no evidence of any election fraud
- Trump Says He Will Leave White House if Biden Wins Electoral College Voteon November 27, 2020 at 1:34 am
Electors scheduled to meet Dec. 14 to formalize election’s outcome
- Cuban American Mayorkas Brings Immigration Experience to DHS on November 26, 2020 at 6:05 pm
If confirmed, Alejandro Mayorkas would become the first Latino to head the third-largest US federal agency