We maintain this feed to showcase reliable, useful coverage of politics and voting. Please explore the links below, and the media generating them.
- Pfizer CEO—Biden’s ‘Good Friend’—Is Privately Working to Tank Drug Price Reformsby Jake Johnson on September 23, 2021 at 12:04 pm
Pfizer’s chief executive Albert Bourla is reportedly urging his employees to fight Democrats’ plan to let Medicare directly negotiate drug prices.
- Simple, Effective, and Popular: Tax the Extremely Rich to Invest in Americaby Chuck Collins on September 23, 2021 at 9:34 am
Even Trump voters like the idea of a modest extra tax on multimillionaires.
- Peru’s Leftist President Calls for Global Agreement to End Vaccine Apartheidby Jake Johnson on September 23, 2021 at 9:29 am
Peruvian President Pedro Castillo is pushing for an international accord to “guarantee universal access to vaccines for all people on the planet, with no discrimination on the basis of privilege.”
Pew Research Center
- Many Western Europeans think mandatory voting is important, but Americans are splitby Carrie Blazina on May 18, 2021 at 4:59 pm
Around two-thirds of adults in Germany, France and the UK say it is important for their national government to make voting compulsory. The post Many Western Europeans think mandatory voting is […]
- Republicans and Democrats Move Further Apart in Views of Voting Accessby Reem Nadeem on April 22, 2021 at 5:55 pm
Among Republicans, support has declined for allowing early or absentee voting without an excuse and for automatically registering all eligible citizens to vote. The post Republicans and Democrats […]
- Share of Republicans saying ‘everything possible’ should be done to make voting easy declines sharplyby Carrie Blazina on April 1, 2021 at 5:59 pm
An 85% majority of Democrats say everything possible should be done to make voting easy; 28% of Republicans say this. The post Share of Republicans saying ‘everything possible’ should be done to […]
- Turnout soared in 2020 as nearly two-thirds of eligible U.S. voters cast ballots for presidentby Drew DeSilver on January 28, 2021 at 8:59 pm
Americans voted in record numbers in last year’s presidential election, casting nearly 158.4 million ballots. The post Turnout soared in 2020 as nearly two-thirds of eligible U.S. voters cast […]
- The One Thing Biden Can’t Afford to Loseby Nathan L. Gonzales on September 17, 2021 at 3:48 pm
By Nathan L. Gonzales The next presidential election is more than three years away, and even the midterms won’t happen for another 14 months. Yet President Joe Biden could be on the brink of […]
- Recalling the California Recallby Nathan L. Gonzales on September 15, 2021 at 5:52 pm
By Jacob Rubashkin In the end, it wasn’t even close. Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom of California easily turned back the effort to remove him from office on Tuesday. With two-thirds of the […]
- 1999 Carpenters’ Wildcat Strike: What We Won and Howby Keely Mullen on September 22, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Rob Rooke, Carpenters Local 713 Recording Secretary (2000-2003) In May 1999 over 5,000 construction workers participated in an illegal, unsanctioned, 4-day strike. Most of Northern California’s […]
- Washington Carpenters’ Strike: “We Need a Good Contract AND Rent Control”by Keely Mullen on September 21, 2021 at 11:10 pm
Below is the text of a speech delivered by union carpenter Nina Wurz at the Sept. 18, 2021 “Rent Control Now” rally! I’m a 33 year old queer journeyman carpenter out of Local 30, but my number […]