We maintain this feed to showcase reliable, useful coverage of politics and voting. Please explore the links below, and the media generating them.
- How Biden’s Nuclear Train-Wreck Helped Raisi Win Iranian Electionby Medea Benjamin, Nicolas J.S. Davies on June 23, 2021 at 1:31 pm
A restored JCPOA and the end of U.S. sanctions would have left the moderates in a stronger position, and set Iran’s relations with the United States and its allies on a path of normalization.
- A Bipolar Nation in Danger of Destruction. We Can’t Delay.by Michael Winship on June 23, 2021 at 12:24 pm
We’ve reached the “In Case of Emergency, Break Glass” moment.
- Sanders Rips GOP for Remaining ‘Loyal to the Big Lie,’ Says Filibuster Must Be Abolishedby Jake Johnson, staff writer on June 23, 2021 at 9:16 am
“Not a single Republican in the United States Senate has the courage to even debate whether we should protect American democracy or not.”
Pew Research Center
- Many Western Europeans think mandatory voting is important, but Americans are splitby Carrie Blazina on May 18, 2021 at 4:59 pm
Around two-thirds of adults in Germany, France and the UK say it is important for their national government to make voting compulsory. The post Many Western Europeans think mandatory voting is […]
- Republicans and Democrats Move Further Apart in Views of Voting Accessby Reem Nadeem on April 22, 2021 at 5:55 pm
Among Republicans, support has declined for allowing early or absentee voting without an excuse and for automatically registering all eligible citizens to vote. The post Republicans and Democrats […]
- Share of Republicans saying ‘everything possible’ should be done to make voting easy declines sharplyby Carrie Blazina on April 1, 2021 at 5:59 pm
An 85% majority of Democrats say everything possible should be done to make voting easy; 28% of Republicans say this. The post Share of Republicans saying ‘everything possible’ should be done to […]
- Turnout soared in 2020 as nearly two-thirds of eligible U.S. voters cast ballots for presidentby Drew DeSilver on January 28, 2021 at 8:59 pm
Americans voted in record numbers in last year’s presidential election, casting nearly 158.4 million ballots. The post Turnout soared in 2020 as nearly two-thirds of eligible U.S. voters cast […]
- Virginia Governor: Old Dominion, New Electionby Nathan L. Gonzales on June 18, 2021 at 6:30 pm
It has been a quiet year for elections so far, with a handful of special congressional races producing status quo outcomes that barely registered in the political consciousness. But that quiet could […]
- Ohio 15 Special: Clash Near Columbusby Nathan L. Gonzales on June 18, 2021 at 6:29 pm
When GOP Rep. Steve Stivers announced he would quit Congress just a few months into his sixth term to take a job as the head of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce, he reduced House Republicans’ ranks by […]
- Robert Owen and Utopian Socialismby George Martin Fell Brown on June 22, 2021 at 1:32 pm
By Tom Costello, Socialist Alternative (ISA in England, Wales and Scotland) This year marks 250 years since the birth of a legendary utopian socialist. While today many of his ideas have been […]
- HSBC: The Bank That Supports the Chinese Dictatorshipby George Martin Fell Brown on June 21, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Solidarity protests in support of democracy struggle in China and Hong Kong Solidarity Against Repression in China and Hong Kong HSBC is the focus of protests internationally because it cooperates […]