We maintain this feed to showcase reliable, useful coverage of politics and voting. Please explore the links below, and the media generating them.
- ‘Trump Is KILLING Americans’: As US Cases Top 9 Million, Stanford Study Ties President’s Rallies to Covid-19 Spreadon October 31, 2020 at 9:49 pm
Jessica Corbett, staff writerThe analysis links 18 rallies to over 30,000 cases and 700 deaths—but doesn’t include events in October, when states saw infections surge.
- The Email and the Electionon October 31, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Christopher BrauchliA few examples from two senders follow but their emails are nothing more than representative of the dozens that arrive each day during the election season.
- The Dead Eyes and Cold Heart of Jared Kushneron October 31, 2020 at 6:17 pm
Tony NormanThe poster boy for presidential nepotism shows his true colors.
Pew Research Center
- From voter registration to mail-in ballots, how do countries around the world run their elections?by Carrie Blazina on October 30, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Ahead of the 2020 U.S. election, here’s a look at how elections are run in the United States and other countries around the world. The post From voter registration to mail-in ballots, how do […]
- A voter data resource: Detailed demographic tables about verified voters in 2016, 2018by Carrie Blazina on October 30, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Data tables from interviews we conducted with verified voters after the 2016 and 2018 elections may help answer some election 2020 questions. The post A voter data resource: Detailed demographic […]
- Latino voters’ interest in presidential race is mixed, and about half are ‘extremely motivated’ to voteby Carrie Blazina on October 26, 2020 at 8:30 pm
Latino voters are less likely than all U.S. voters to say they are extremely motivated to vote in the upcoming presidential election. The post Latino voters’ interest in presidential race is mixed, […]
- Election night marks the end of one phase of campaign 2020 – and the start of anotherby Carrie Blazina on October 22, 2020 at 8:00 pm
We developed this explainer to help people understand how, and why, the complex U.S. electoral process is even more so this time around. The post Election night marks the end of one phase of campaign […]
- Presidential Snapshot in Time (October 30, 2020)by Bradley Wascher on October 30, 2020 at 1:27 pm
By Bradley Wascher The 2020 campaign isn’t quite over yet, but it is reaching the denouement. And as the final surveys continue to trickle in until Tuesday, now is a great time to step back […]
- 2020 Election Preview: Bracing for Historyby Bradley Wascher on October 28, 2020 at 6:30 pm
By Nathan L. Gonzales & Jacob Rubashkin No matter what happens, the 2020 elections will be historic. With impeachment, a pandemic, economic crisis, a national conversation about racism, and the […]
- Scandal in International Institutions: Sex for Jobs, Food, Landby George Martin Fell Brown on October 31, 2020 at 10:04 pm
How neo-colonial capitalism underscores abuse by imperialist institutions Rose Lichtenstein, Workers and Socialist Party (ISA in South Africa) The World Health Organisation (WHO) has featured heavily […]
- Amy Coney Barrett is Confirmed: How Do We Fight Trump’s Reactionary Supreme Court?by Rebecca Green on October 31, 2020 at 3:56 pm
On Monday, the Senate approved Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court by a vote of 52-48, creating the most conservative court in decades. By offering only weak resistance to Barrett’s starkly […]