We maintain this feed to showcase reliable, useful coverage of politics and voting. Please explore the links below, and the media generating them.
- Arizona Republicans Declare Their Opposition to Democracyon April 11, 2021 at 11:55 am
Eliza Sweren-BeckerAfter officially objecting to the federal reforms in the For the People Act, the state legislature is considering a raft of voter suppression bills.
- ‘The Time Is Now to Go Forward’: Sanders Says Dems Can’t Waste Time Catering to Obstructionist GOPon April 11, 2021 at 9:12 am
Jake Johnson, staff writer”When the scientists tell us we have five or six years before there will be irreparable damage done because of climate change, I’m not going to slow down.”
- Feast Your Eyes on the Trillion-Dollar SUVon April 11, 2021 at 8:48 am
Bob LordThe concentration of America’s wealth has hit still another terrifying new milestone.
Pew Research Center
- Share of Republicans saying ‘everything possible’ should be done to make voting easy declines sharplyby Carrie Blazina on April 1, 2021 at 5:59 pm
An 85% majority of Democrats say everything possible should be done to make voting easy; 28% of Republicans say this. The post Share of Republicans saying ‘everything possible’ should be done to […]
- Turnout soared in 2020 as nearly two-thirds of eligible U.S. voters cast ballots for presidentby Drew DeSilver on January 28, 2021 at 8:59 pm
Americans voted in record numbers in last year’s presidential election, casting nearly 158.4 million ballots. The post Turnout soared in 2020 as nearly two-thirds of eligible U.S. voters cast […]
- Black, Latino and Asian Americans have been key to Georgia’s registered voter growth since 2016by Carrie Blazina on December 21, 2020 at 6:31 pm
The number of Black registered voters in Georgia increased the most among all major racial and ethnic groups between 2016 and 2020. The post Black, Latino and Asian Americans have been key to […]
- Key findings about voter engagement in the 2020 electionby Carrie Blazina on December 14, 2020 at 6:00 pm
53% of U.S. adults who voted in the general election say they engaged in at least 1 of 6 political activities over the past six months. The post Key findings about voter engagement in the 2020 […]
- 2022 Senate Overview (April 1, 2021): No Margin for Errorby Nathan L. Gonzales on April 1, 2021 at 6:30 pm
By Nathan L. Gonzales & Jacob Rubashkin The country and Capitol Hill are so divided that Republicans and Democrats can’t agree on what to have for lunch on any particular day. But there’s one […]
- 2022 Senate Overview (April 1, 2021): Alabama – Georgiaby Nathan L. Gonzales on April 1, 2021 at 6:29 pm
ALABAMA. Open; Richard Shelby, R, not seeking re-election. Shelby’s retirement means the state will host its second competitive GOP Senate primary in as many cycles. Trump’s former ambassador to […]
- Amazon Cheats in Bessemer – Key Lessons for the Fight to #UnionizeAmazonby Keely Mullen on April 9, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Socialist Alternative has been on the ground in Bessemer for a number of weeks helping build the BAmazon struggle. The below article is based on our observations and ongoing work in Alabama. Vote […]
- Trouble in the Suezby Grace Fors on April 9, 2021 at 7:23 pm
On the morning of March 23rd, a fully loaded golden-class container ship, the “Ever Given” managed to get itself stuck in the Suez Canal, completely blocking the important waterway for a period […]