We maintain this feed to showcase quality coverage of issues relevant to senior citizens. Please explore the links below, and the media generating them.
Kaiser Health News on Aging
- The Checkup Is in the Mail? Soliciting Letter Carriers to Help Deliver Health Careby Elisabeth Rosenthal on September 23, 2021 at 9:00 am
Here’s an out-of-the-box idea: Have letter carriers spend less time delivering mail and take time to perform home visits and basic health checks on the growing population of frail and elderly.
- Florida Spine Surgeon and Device Company Owner Charged in Kickback Schemeby Fred Schulte, Kaiser Health News on September 8, 2021 at 9:00 am
Dr. Kingsley R. Chin and SpineFrontier were the subject of a recent KHN “Spinal Tap” investigation.
- Minister for Seniors at Famed Church Confronts Ageism and the Shame It Bringsby Judith Graham on September 2, 2021 at 9:00 am
Lynn Casteel Harper, a minister at the interdenominational Riverside Church in New York City, discusses the spiritual dimension of aging.
- Finding – and Getting – a job onlineby Erica Manfred on September 23, 2021 at 10:28 am
It’s the perfect time for seniors to find a job online. Experience is an asset in today’s tight labor market. The post Finding – and Getting – a job online appeared first on Senior Planet.
- Senior Planet Book Club: Of Love and Shadows (Final Week)by Rebecca Altneu on September 21, 2021 at 3:14 pm
We finished the book! Find out how to join our Zoom discussion on 9/23. The post Senior Planet Book Club: <em>Of Love and Shadows</em> (Final Week) appeared first on Senior Planet.
Diverse Elders Coalition
- We Must Support Our Hispanic/Latinx Caregiversby Diverse Elders on September 15, 2021 at 2:36 pm
By Yanira Cruz and Ocean Le. This article appeared on the American Society on Aging (ASA), Generations Today | July-August 2021 Editor’s Note: This article represents the fifth in a series by the […]
- Protecting Elders in a Pandemic Worldby Diverse Elders on September 3, 2021 at 1:25 pm
By Jatika H. Patterson. This article originally appeared on The Atlanta Voice. At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, two of the first regulations from the World Health Organization (WHO) were […]
- Mental Health Services Needed to Treat Emotional Distress During the Pandemicby Diverse Elders on September 2, 2021 at 1:33 pm
By Dr. Marcy Adelman. This article originally appeared in SF Bay Times. Jan is a 71-year-old lesbian and a diabetic. She lives alone and prides herself on her independence. She is quick to tell you […]
Alliance for Aging Research
- Alliance Comments on Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnostics, Glaucoma in Medicare Payment Rulesby Ryne Carney on September 22, 2021 at 8:20 pm
Last week, the Alliance submitted comments to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) on the CY 2022 Medicare Hospital Prospective Payment System and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System […]
- New Poll Highlights Seniors’ Priorities and Concerns in Prescription Drug Pricing Legislation, Misalignment with Congress on Definition of Negotiationby Alliance for Aging Research Team on September 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Results from a new Morning Consult poll commissioned by the Alliance for Aging Research illustrate the priorities of older adults as Congress considers legislation to change the Medicare prescription […]
- Promoting Vaccines Across the Generationsby Alliance for Aging Research Team on September 20, 2021 at 3:26 pm
By Janelle Germanos, Communications Manager at the Alliance for Aging Research Grandparents Day is observed each year on the first Sunday after Labor Day. Each year, Generations United—a national […]