We maintain this feed to showcase quality coverage of issues relevant to senior citizens. Please explore the links below, and the media generating them.
Kaiser Health News on Aging
- KHN’s ‘What the Health?’: Health Care as Infrastructureon April 8, 2021 at 5:15 pm
President Joe Biden’s infrastructure proposal includes items not traditionally considered “infrastructure,” including a $400 billion expansion of home and community-based services for seniors […]
- California Counties a Hodgepodge of Highs and Lows in Vaccinating Vulnerable Seniorsby Jenny Gold, Kaiser Health News on April 7, 2021 at 9:00 am
Like many states, California is seeing huge regional variations in covid vaccination rates for people 65 and older. Remote rural counties are in some cases struggling to give away doses to vulnerable […]
- ‘I Can Breathe Again’: Older Adults Begin to Test Freedom After Covid Vaccinationsby Judith Graham on March 31, 2021 at 9:00 am
Whether it’s making plans to hug their grandchildren, scheduling long-overdue medical appointments or just petting the neighbor’s dog, seniors are inching back to a lifestyle they’ve missed […]
- Open Thread: Hooray for Hollywood!by Virge on April 11, 2021 at 10:30 am
The Academy Awards are coming, with a lot of historic firsts. Which film will get “Best Picture?” Take our poll! The post Open Thread: Hooray for Hollywood! appeared first on Senior Planet.
- Open Thread Update: What a Dilemma!by Virge on April 9, 2021 at 10:30 am
This week’s Open Thread continues a discussion on a very tricky problem in the bedroom. The post Open Thread Update: What a Dilemma! appeared first on Senior Planet.
Diverse Elders Coalition
- Getting older with HIVby Diverse Elders on April 2, 2021 at 11:21 am
This article originally appeared on the NHCOA blog. It is also available in Spanish. Every day, the number of older people living with HIV in the country and in the world increases. One reason is […]
- Connecting with Communityby Diverse Elders on March 31, 2021 at 12:04 pm
By Sally Ching. This article originally appeared on the SEARAC blog. I knew from a very young age that I wanted to dedicate my life to fighting inequities. In what capacity, however, was something I […]
- It’s Time to Stop Neglecting the Needs of American Indian and Alaska Native Caregiversby Rebecca Owl Morgan on March 18, 2021 at 12:09 pm
This article originally appeared on Generations, American Society on Aging. Editor’s Note: This article represents the second in a series by the Diverse Elders Coalition (DEC) to be published […]
Alliance for Aging Research
- Wear a Maskby Lindsay Clarke on April 8, 2021 at 8:48 pm
The post Wear a Mask appeared first on Alliance for Aging Research.
- Our Best Shot: Vaccine PSAby Lindsay Clarke on April 8, 2021 at 8:47 pm
The post Our Best Shot: Vaccine PSA appeared first on Alliance for Aging Research.
- Sue Chlebek: Coronary Artery Disease Patient Celebrating A Year Without A Strokeby Lindsay Clarke on April 8, 2021 at 8:45 pm
The post Sue Chlebek: Coronary Artery Disease Patient Celebrating A Year Without A Stroke appeared first on Alliance for Aging Research.